Welcome to my new site about selling a used car online. For now I just want to offer everyone a few tips if you want to sell your car. These are things I have leaned over the years whenever I have tried to sell my car. I hope they help you to get rid of your vehicle easily and for a decent price.
- No matter who you are selling to, always make sure the vehicle is spotless inside and out. I spend extra time making sure that everything looks great. A really clean car will naturally be more attractive to any potential buyer and it can help convince them that the car has been well looked after and is in good condition. Using the tyre blackening solution like they do in showrooms is highly recommended. It is does not cost much and only takes moments to apply. Inside concentrate on the drivers seat, making sure the steering wheel is well polished and the glass is cleaned to perfection with a leather cloth. Make sure it smells good too but don’t go over board. You want it to look and smell good but not too much or it looks fake.
- Get the Parkers guide to find out what your car is worth or use a free car valuation calculator online. Many sites will now work out the valuation for you. It is also free if you do it online which is one less expense when you are trying to sell a car.
- For the best price sell through a private sale. Make sure everyone you know is aware that you are selling the vehicle. You never know if someone they know needs a car like yours. They will be quite happy to pay the going rate for it as they will trust you. Classified ads are often a waste of time, but if you are not in a rush to sell the car you could place an ad on Auto Trader. This can be done online these days as long as you have a digital camera. Take photos that look impressive and take lots of them. I like the angle at the front corner of the drivers side, quite low.
- If you are in a hurry use one of the services online which buys cars. They won’t give you full price but they are very fast and their sales process can be very easy. This is certainly worth trying as it can take months to sell your car using other methods.
- Avoid trading the car in at a dealership. They will give a very poor price and it will also harm your chances of getting a discount on the new vehicle.